Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Spray paint...... my best friend

A challenge from
Visit thecsiproject.com

So I took on the job of spray painting my stand that was found on the side of the road a few years ago. Of course it came from a trash pile and had some chips and worn spots in it. So I got the bright idea lets get some spray paint.
This is pre spray paint, you can see the rough spots better in this picture. I picked navy blue and tan for the table so it matched the house.
.





I got the table painted..... I dislike using tape so I spray painted then touched up. I'm very happy with the outcome of the table.




While the table was drying I was bored so I wondered what else could I spray paint????? It was a great question. I had previously had a glass jar with velum paper on saying welcome. At night it would be lighted with a small string of lights. I cleaned out this glass container and started with this.










I know earlier I said I was not a big fan of tape, but on this part I used tape to write the word welcome on the glass container. You could of checked out the next picture but some how it is missing.
I took blue painters tape and marked off where I did not want the paint to stick to. The tape worked well because I was able to curve the letters with the paint. Next I painted the container blue to match the table.

Once the paint dried.... well almost dry I pulled the tape off. I would suggest letting the container sit for a while to make sure the paint has a chance to dry. I did have a small amount of over spray on the inside that I had to clean off with a paper towel.
Once I took the tape off and cleaned out the inside I placed three small tea lights in the container. In the near future I would like to get the battery operated candles for this container.
This is the finished project. The picture was taken after dark so I apologize for the bad colors. It is amazing to see how it can go from start to finish with just a little bit of paint.
Thanks for checking out my blog.... I'm hoping to have more post like this one soon!















1 comment:

  1. Great transformation! I love finding treasures on the side of the road. I found your blog via the CSI Project.

    ReplyDelete